Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Blog 12 Review of Peers Blogs

1. For choosing which blogs to view I just randomly selected two others that seemed to have in depth answers to the blog assignments, showing quality effort and intrest in whatever the topic that week was to be blogged about.I looked for organized blogs that had easily read headings and a decent amount of writing.

2.The blog postings I chose to comment on were ones that I also was interested in when I had created my own blog. I was interested to see what other students thought of the epals and how it would be used, and I liked how it gave the students' I viewed a great lesson idea to use with it. I agreed with this posting. I also liked creating the self portrait assignment in photoshop and I wanted to see what others thought of it, and how they approached the assignment and what inspired their final result. I wish we could've posted these final photos of the self portrait. I also found the learner centered article interesting because developing 21st century skills has become one of the most important components in teaching recently and this class allows for such skills to be developed. I wanted to see someone's blog you clearly read the article and could give insightful feedback. I like how the students' I read didn't agree with all parts of the article and explained why. I liked getting to see each person's point of view on each of the assignments for the blogs.

I could use a blog in the classroom as a communication tool for feedback material at the end of a lesson for students to discuss their thoughts and feelings on the outcomes with one another. It also is a great tool to look at other's ideas and make sure you are on task with the rest of the class. It can also be used by teachers as a resource to keep students up to date on what is going on in the classroom during that month, like for creating a unit. It can be a great place for students to quickly check back for a teacher's suggesstions, ideas, and feedback for different assignments. It's great for writing galleries views as well for teacher's to see students' thoughts, without having to print out papers as means for handing in work, this could definitely become more efficient.

Student Blogs I reviewed:
http://arteducationmm.blogspot.com/2010/04/learner-centered-classroom-response.html#comments
http://kalangka01.blogspot.com/2010/03/h9.html#comments
http://pamrubel.blogspot.com/2010/03/self-portriat-what-i-want-to-portray.html



No comments:

Post a Comment