Friday, March 19, 2010

images for inspiration



These two images I found I liked because they aren't specifically of a person's
face, but more figurative in displaying the self. I definitely like the black and white images, I think I would like to do something like this for my own self portrait, but possibly with accents of colors in certain areas. I like the reflection used within the firts image of the sneakers, I like the idea of 'self reflection" and I think this resembles it well. I also like the second grouping of images, showing different parts of a person in different ways, showing emotion or just parts of the whole. I think both are great inspiration for using reflections, and parts of an image for a figurative self portrait that is black and white.

2 comments:

  1. These images create a very interesting self-portrait, as they break away from the traditional portrait. I especially like the black and white series, as they are able to capture emotion without revealing the whole body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the route you chose for this project. Self Portraits don't always have to be so literal and it is refreshing to see someone thinking outside the box. This symbolic approach is a wonderful way to also show students how there is not only one solution to a problem. Great job also on your page lay out I really like the simple black background it gives the page a sense of elegance and professionalism.

    ReplyDelete