Friday, March 12, 2010

Photoshop ReVieW

By watching the videos on adobe photoshop I learned a lot, I had some use in the past with photoshop but watching the video gave me a better understanding on how to make selections to do what I want best with images. I learned how to edit the mid tones in the fill light command part of the correctin lighting video. This was helpful because that way when editing jpeg files I don't need to adjust the entire exposure, just the part I want. The first two videos with that presenter were a bit confusing to me, because they were fast and when keys for tools are used for macs/pc's such as "options" they are mentioned quicly I always forget about them. However I found the presenter who discussed adjusting a photo to black and white very helpful, especially because I think this is something that I will work with often on images, and have done so in the past. This is great for using references for a graphite drawing to create great contrast, so I found this video helpful. I also liked the presenter who talked about the camera raw option, I did not know about this tool in the past and by explaining it slow enough and basic for me I was able to understand how to use it, and it's purpose. Overall these videos I feel were helpful for me to start using the basics to adjust images and create more. I think I will need to reference back to some for assistance, especially the layers option because I found it important, but had trouble keeping up with the purpose of the "transparent" back ground was, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment