Thursday, February 11, 2010

online resource for lesson

The following is the webquest that I found to help me develop further ideas for my lesson plan on contemporary sculpture, exploring Fletcher Benton's work.
http://questgarden.com/author/preview.php?l=78346-090513064315&pt=student&p=introduction

I liked the "This I believe" idea. After looking at how students could chose a topic or word they belived in to express their personal feelings on a topic I thought it would be a great approach to having students to create three dimensional letters. I intend to put a spin in my lesson for the process the students will use for the project to be three dimensional.
I thought students could chose a short word that could act as a symbol for something they believed in within their life. Or, possibly a word that could inspire others through positivity. I think this could be beneficial to students to think about what their personal beliefs are, and ways to be positive in their world. Once students chose their word and create their sculpture of this word, they should write an explanation as to why they chose the particular word, and what it means to them and how this word could inform others to rise awareness on a topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment